About This Blog...

This blog is about the true story involving Corrie Ten Boom, her family, and the Holocaust. It came from the book of The Hiding Place By Corrie Ten Boom. It is written in 1st person, diary form, as if Corrie herself was telling the story. Enjoy!

Friday, November 4, 2011

The Dreaded War

Hello, It is me, Corrie Ten Boom again. Today, I have some good news , and some truly awful news. I will start with the bad information. As of right now, you are probably wondering "what could possibly go wrong in this perfect little town that you call Holland?" Well for starters, our queen was recently overtaken by the truly horrid Germans. Also, to add on to this dread, Jews all over the country have been slowly disappearing. The explanation for the sudden disappearance is a simple, one word answer: Hitler. Adolf Hitler absolutely despises Jews for the absurd reason of thinking that they are not "clean". Because of this, the Jews that had not already either been arrested and killed, had been put into concentration camps. For this reason, many of the remaining Jews have gone into hiding. This leads me to the good news, which is quite exiting if you ask me. My family and I, are now at least somewhat involved, in the hiding and saving of these Jews. As of right now, we have sent several different families in hiding in many locations in the country. We also are in possession of many spare ration cards that we give out to the many Jews in need. That is basically all I have to tell you today. I will write again soon, I promise!

Corrie Ten Boom

No comments:

Post a Comment